Kazakhstan, also spelled Kazakstan, officially the Republic of Kazakhstan is a country of Central Asia. It is bounded on the northwest and north by Russia, on the east by China, and on the south by Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, the Aral Sea, and Turkmenistan; the Caspian Sea bounds Kazakhstan to the southwest. Kazakhstan is the largest country in Central Asia and the ninth-largest in the world. It is also the world’s largest landlocked country, sandwiched between Russia in the north, China to the east, and the former Soviet republics of Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan to the south. MBBS in Kazakhstan is becoming increasingly popular among Indian students.
The official languages are Kazakh & Russian. Russian is the most widely understood language in the country.
The current population of Kazakhstan is around 11.88 million. Kazakhstan ranks number 364 in the list of countries by population.
Cost of Living
Food and accommodation are affordable and much lower than other destinations.
Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) is the official currency. The exchange rate varies in the range of 0.15-0.20 INR
Kazakhstan has a classic continental climate: with very cold winters and very warm summers.Typical January temperatures are about 10-20 degrees below freezing, but can fall as low as -45C; while in July they often rise to well above 30C. In the far south-west, on the borders of the Caspian Sea, winters are far milder.
However, rainfall across much of the country is very low – in some places about 120mm (below 5 inches) a year, so the winters are usually dry and sunny and the summers not too humid. The north of the country is colder than the south; spring and autumn are quite brief but usually have very pleasant weather, so April to June and September to October are by far the best times to visit.
From Delhi: Approx. 3-4 hours
From Mumbai: Approx. 3-4 hours
MBBS in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan medical universities are globally admired because of their high-quality teaching methodology. In Kazakhstan, Clinical training is truly worthwhile since the nation continues the common benchmark of medical training. All top medical universities in Kazakhstan are recognized by WHO, USMLE, GMC, NMC.
Kazakhstan progressed as a regional heart for Central Asia. MBBS from Kazakhstan provides a diverse and excellent opportunity where Indian students can pursue medical education. Hence, Kazakhstan is chosen over other places and has evolved as a major educational hub for Indian students.
Advantages of MBBS in Kazakhstan
· Complete course taught in English medium.
· Affordable Medical Education, accommodation, and living expenses.
· Universities have global accreditations like WHO, NMC, ECFMG, FAIMER, etc.
· No donation and capitation fees
· IELTS exam is not required
· Affordable and high-quality medical education
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Kazakhstan
· Candidates should be at least 18 years old at the time of application
· Candidates must have passed their 10+2(Higher Secondary Education/ Equivalent)
· Minimum of 50% (40% for reserved category) marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
· NEET Qualified (Results are valid up to 3 years for MBBS Abroad)
The basic eligibility requirements to pursue any medical course is mentioned in the video below.
Documents required for MBBS in Kazakhstan
· 10th Original Certificate & Marksheet
· 12th Original Certificate & Marksheet
· NEET Admit Card & NEET Mark sheet
· Original Passport
· Police Clearance Certificate
· Affidavit of Financial Support & No Objection Certificate
· Bank Statement for 6 Months
· Passport size Photographs
Top Universities/Colleges for MBBS in Kazakhstan
1) Kazakh National Medical University
2) Semey State Medical University
Course Structure: For Indian Applicants
1) Course Duration: 5 years
2) Medium of Instruction: English
3) Admission Intake: September & January
Hostel, Accommodation & Food:
- There are hostels for foreign students in every university.
- The hostels are affordable & provided with all the essential facilities and amenities.
- Its rooms are provided with beds, bed sheets, blankets, pillows, tables & chairs.
- There are common kitchen rooms, washing machines, and dryers.
- Indian Food & Mess is available for all students
After completion of the MBBS program, the candidate has to appear for the FMGE/NEXT exam, post which they need to undergo a year of compulsory internship in India.